Priscilla & Hugh’s wedding at Wavering Place is one of our favorites of 2022! From the incredible florals to the genuine people they surround themselves with to Priscilla’s fun fashion choices (wait till you see the clear neon light boots she changed into!!) Priscilla & her bridesmaids got ready at her childhood home which was super important to her, and we were obsessed with all of the dogs that were roaming around! However…on our way to the venue (we left about 20 minutes before Priscilla & her crew so we could shoot all of her bridal details which were already at Wavering Place), we were almost in a head on collision with a semi truck! The car in front of us was towing something and it swerved into the semi which almost hit US. This of course happened on a one lane road leading to the venue so it kinda threw off our First Look plan because Hugh got caught in the resulting traffic jam, but thats ok! Because we pivoted & shot Priscilla & her bridesmaids early instead! Hugh doesn’t eat sweets, and he will only eat the cheesecake from Ally and Eloise, so instead of a regular cake, they got a cheesecake instead – it’s those little details that help make your wedding feel like you! Oh and how can I forget to mention that Priscilla’s sister designed their wedding invitations! They were so pretty! We asked Priscilla & Hugh some questions about their wedding day:
- How did you feel the morning of your wedding? So excited for the day
- What was the most special moment of the day for you? The moments when it was just Hugh and I like our first look, our private dinner, and the drive home in our getaway car
- What was your favorite detail of the day? The invitations were one of my favorite things. They were just so gorgeous
- What was something quirky or crazy that happened on the wedding day? Yes! One of our friends showed up pretty drunk and decided to climb on top of a car and pass out.
- If you did a First Look, talk about it here! What made it special, how were you both feeling before & after it, would you recommend it to a friend, etc It was so special, because it was time for just the two of us. The wedding turns into what other people want and like, but that time was just about us. We needed that time to really soak in the moment. It also didn’t take away from the ceremony at all! Hugh still cried like a baby. I will recommend that to everyone.
- What did you splurge on & what did you save on? Splurge on tent, band, and flowers and saved on stupid things like welcome boxes-everyone just throws away the stuff anyways
- What made your wedding day special, unique or personalized to you as a couple? Cutting a cheesecake instead of a traditional wedding cake and the napkins with our dog
- If you could give other couples one piece of wedding planning advice, what would it be? The weeks and days leading up to your wedding day are absolute chaos, so try to conserve your energy and delegate. When it comes to your actual wedding day your only job is to be present and soak in the moment. It’s going to be a whirlwind and a blur, but take your moments when you can.
- What did you love most about working with us? How comfortable you made me feel. You gave such clear directions so I knew where I needed to be looking and where my hand should be placed. Then as time went on I was able to add more movement and play off of the positions you were giving me. It never felt like we were taking pictures, it just felt like Hugh and I were walking around showing a little PDA.
The Columbia wedding vendors who brought this wedding to life:
Planner: Meagan Warren Events / Venue: Wavering Place / Band: I Love This Band / Dessert: Ally & Eloise / Caterer: Southern Way Catering / Florals: Fern Studio / Hair & makeup: Pout & Process / Rentals: Crisp Rentals / Videographer: Nikki Morgan VideographyCatherine Ann Photography are Charleston SC Based Wedding & Engagement Photographers for modern couples planning a stylish & fun celebration that speaks to their soul, anywhere in the world Ready to book your wedding with us? Get in touch here!