for fun, fashionable party-loving
couples hosting their wedding weekend
at their dream garden, private estate
or historic venue
Meet your charleston based
We're KATIE + JAY
As documentary-style photographers, our goal is to capture the authentic and candid moments throughout your wedding day while also highlighting the beauty and details of the event. We love to showcase the emotions and personalities of you and your guests through the photos!
Because you and I both know that candid images are where the magic is at. But, sometimes, a little direction can turn a sweet moment into a showstopper. As a husband-and-wife photography team, we demonstrate how to pose without turning you into clones!
Our style is a mix of gently directed poses that will allow your personalities to come through and candid moments that are the heart & soul of your wedding day, all while retaining true to life colors.
We want you to enjoy your wedding day with your favorite people, to have fun and to live in the moments as they're happening, together.
And if your dog happens to be there too, thats just the cherry on top!
WE'RE NOT PHOTOGRAPHING YOUR WEDDING
We're documenting you getting married and how you spent that day.
Your images will be a mix of curated candids, loosely posed portraits, and all your dreamy colorful details.
You live in the moments, we'll preserve them.
With over 600 weddings photographed since 2009 (damn, we've been around longer than Pinterest!), we've discovered that our best work happens when our couples trust us implicitly and choose to be present at their wedding.
If you aren't worried about dirty dresses or get upset when things don't go exactly as planned, you're doing what you want, not what you're told is expected, you want to be fully present in the day and intentionally choose to spend as much time together and with your wedding guests, creating memories of the wedding day instead of avoiding each other & missing cocktail hour to follow out-dated traditions and you're planning a stylish celebration, big or small, that speaks to your soul and you want photos that look how your day felt...hi (-:
a.k.a. Catherine Ann
Color Lover. Former Disney Cast Member. Gemini.
• Walk, walk, fashion, baby, cute & colorful clothes are my go-to and I wear them on wedding days so I blend in seamlessly with your wedding guests, luring them into a sense of familiarity (like a Siren) that makes them more comfortable when I ask for a picture, and since I blend in, they don't notice when I'm taking a candid!
• I was born & raised on Long Island but have lived in the South since I was a teenager
• One could say I'm a little too interested in the paranormal - Halloween is my favorite holiday & I grew up in 2 haunted houses in NY and the house we live in now is definitely haunted
• Jay asked me to marry him at Disney World in front of Rapunzel's tower -she's my favorite AND inspired my wedding attire!
• I'm the nerdy one in this relationship. I love pop culture, Disney & anime! I have a big Sailor Moon tattoo on my arm and my office desk is covered in anime and Disney merch
• I'm currently studying Japanese for our future trip & it's super hard, but it's been fun!
• Schitts Creek, Letterkenny, Ted Lasso & Bobs Burgers are Elite Television
• I'm in the process of getting dual citizenship in Ireland - my grandmother was born in County Donegal and even though she came to America in her early 20s, she had a thick Irish accent her entire life. We'd love to move there and work with Americans hosting their destination European wedding!
Dad Joke Expert. Hockey Fan. Dog Whisperer.
• I leave the colorful outfits to Katie on the wedding day & hang up my signature floral hat in favor of darker clothes so that I blend in like a ninja at your wedding. It's how I get the best candids!
• I've been playing Disc Golf for over 15 years and I've designed several Disc Golf courses in the Charleston area.
• For 10 years I was the lead singer of a punk rock band (Neglected Superhero) and played at Warped Tour two years in a row. Katie & I figured out that she was there the same day my band played one year long before we knew each other
• I volunteered at a Big Cat Rescue in Tampa FL (no, not the one Carole Baskin owns) and worked with lions, tigers, and bears...no lie. Ask me about how a hungry bear chased me
• Favorite Disney ride: It's a Small World (Disneyland version)
WE GOT MARRIED ON 3.13.18
and our colorful micro wedding was
featured on Martha Stewart!
Falkor, Zelda & Blue
Don't mind us, we're just a bit obsessed with our 3 mini Aussies!
Falkor was named after the Luck Dragon from Neverending Story
Zelda was named after Zelda Fitzgerald (but so was Princess Zelda so if you ask us if that's who she's named after, we always say "Yeah kinda")
Blue was named after the Raptor from Jurassic World
" We wanted Katie & Jay for our destination wedding in Key West because we fell in love with their style & they seemed like they would be a lot of fun to hang out with on our wedding day! They perfectly captured the feel & emotions of our wedding and we couldn't be happier. If you're loving their aesthetic & thinking about it, just book them. As soon as you can.
- Allie & Damir
Catherine Ann Photography is an inclusive wedding photographer based in Charleston SC, serving couples of all races, sexualities, genders, and physical/mental abilities.
Wedding photography for fun, fashionable,
party people hosting a wedding
that speaks to their soul
Charleston | New York | Europe